The book maker Coral has been around for ever. Well, since 1926 and now they are the third largest bookmaker in the UK with a 20% market share. What helps them here is having over 1,700 retail shops across the UK where customers can pop in to make their bets in the traditional manner, as opposed to having to use the internet. Their web site used to be clunky and dated, but the latest version is a massive improvement. It’s so much faster and a much more user friendly experience.
Background & License
Coral have over 10 years of online betting experience and their services have been steadily improving over the years. Right now they are certainly able to hold their own against the other big market players in terms of the player experience. The online side of the betting business is run by another company called Gal Coral which is also a big player in bingo and the casino market place. In fact it holds around 34% of the UK bingo market and 17% of the casino space in the UK. Coral has a license from the Gibraltar Gaming Commission.
Deposit Bonus & Promotions
If you’re a resident of either the UK or Ireland, then you’ll receive a nice £50 free bet (18+ T&C’s Apply) when you join. This offer is open to all new punters that register for the fist time at the Coral website. First you’ll be needing to register, then add funds to your account. When you place your first real money bet, Coral will match it with a free bet of up to £50. Keep in mind that your first real money bet must be placed at odds of 1.2 or greater. The offer is open for the first 2 weeks after joining…so don’t forget that it’s there waiting to be used! Coral will offer regular promotions such as their free £5 bet every Sunday.
La Liga Football Bets
Betting on football is the mainstay for nearly all large bookmakers, with Coral being no different. As such the betting site covers all the major leagues including the English and Scottish Premier Leagues, La Liga, Serie A, Champions League and more. having said that, their coverage isn’t as wide as some other major bookmakers, but what they might like in scope, they make up for with an excellent betting service coupled with various interesting offers. Thanks to some specials, it’s possible to net some pretty big cash wins thanks to offers like the Lucky 7 and The Football Jackpot competitions.
Coral: In Play Betting
Coral, like many big sports books offer a great in-play betting service. The live-play games are systematically listed in easy to follow alphabetical order for faster access. Their new betting console features live results, whether from cricket, horse racing or football. This will help all punters make faster yet more informed betting choices. Coral even offer a fabulous live commentary from 10.00 am onward with the live-play. All in all, the live play betting experience with Coral is no different in quality than those offered by the best of it’s peers.
This is essentially just a one click process. It’s fast and secure. Go to “My Account” and you’ll see the payment methods listed. The “Payment Selector” provides you with on-screen instructions which are straight forwards and easy to follow. There are around 10 methods of topping up your account. Thse include; Visa, Mastercard, Skrill,Maestro, Paypal, Neteller, Eco, Click2Pay, Ukash, ClickandBuy, Paysafecard, and bank transfer. The currencies accepted are UK Sterling, US Dollars and the Swedish Krona.
These are essentially just a reverse of the deposit system. Like wise it’s easy to follow. Withdrawals are by request through your ‘My Account’ section. Select “Withdraw” and fill in the form. The withdrawal processing should finish within the time frame specified.
Interestingly enough, the Coral customer support is only on offer 20 hours per day and 7 days per week. Why not 24 like all the others is a mystery to us. Having said that, their support is excellent. You can get in touch with them via your browser when you’re logged in, free phone and via email.
Coral offers the state of the art technology when it comes to safeguarding your personal and financial details. Everything uses the encryption platform Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) and all your personal data goes into a password protected network which boast state of the art firewall software.
You should certainly add Coral to your other favorite bookmarks. They are stable and reliable and we have no problem with recommending them for all your betting needs. Their welcome bonus of £50 is a big deal for us and you’ve nothing to lose by making your first deposit. Another point is that your first La Liga bet will be re-funded should you happen to lose under the Free Bet conditions. Meaning you have a second chance of betting gratis. Once you’ve tried them, then you’ll probably conclude as we have: that they represent one of the world’s finest bookmakers.
How can I take the free bet?
- First find your way to Coral.co.uk. There you’ll be needing to register an account and load it with some funds. After you place your first real money bet, then you’ll have access to a free bet under certain conditions. These are: you need to be a K or Irish citizen, your first bet has to on odds of 1/2 or greater and then Coral will match your stake for up to £50.
What is the maximum stake you allow?
- When you are about to place a bet, your betting slip will have the minimum bet listed, depending on your wager selection. This applies across the board on both single and combination bets. As such, Coral doesn’t offer a maximum stake. Instead it calculates you maximum win for each given stake. In other words, it’s bet by bet specific. This way, you’ll know both the possible winnings and how much the initial wager should be.
How are my personal details secure?
- All your data, whether personal or financial is securely transmitted using SSL technology encryption. Once it gets to Coral, then everything is tucked away on a secure network behind a state of art firewall.
How do I place bets?
- The betting console at Coral will automatically display all the information necessary to be able to place a bet, even if you have never bet before. Simply follow the on-screen instructions and you’ll be able to start making bets with a couple of clicks of your mouse. Once you have discovered the event you’re betting on (in this case La Liga) then all the available odds will be there for you to see. Clicking on your choice will add your bet to the bet slip. From here you can enter your stake and you’ll be able to calculate your possible winnings.
Are there any countries restricted at Coral?
- Yes there are! If you’re in one of the countries on the following list, then Coral is not for you: Albania, Belarus, Belgium, Argentina, Czech Rep., Finland, Georgia, Germany, Hungary, Austria, Iceland, Macedonia, Lithuania, Croatia, Norway, Portugal, Russia, Romania, Slovakia, Sweden, Slovenia, New Zealand, Turkey, Netherlands and USA.